Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas is...

Christmas is a time for giving, spending time with those you love, sharing your memories, creating new ones etc... I could go on and on.
With all the hype we put on Christmas and all the plays and parties, I thought I would talk to Aja about Christmas.....

 I was having a conversation with Aja about what she wanted for Christmas. I asked her what she thought Christmas was. She said in her little 6 year old voice, so sincerley... its a day where we get lots of presents. I kind of chuckled a little bit to myself and then politely explained in a way that she would understand what Christmas is really about and that its not for getting presents. She says she understands and hopefully she remembers that in the years to come as she continues to want more and more....

Once I was done talking to her I really started thinking. We are so lucky as a human race to be able to share the love and knowledge we have about Jesus and and how he died for us. We are lucky to be able to afford nice things for our children so that they can have a "meaningful" christmas.
Meaningful SHOULD mean the real reason why we celebrate Christmas.
 As adults I feel thats what it is.. as kids growing up you understnad that year by year.
Its not always about how many gifts you get or how much you spent on that...

I am truly thankful that I have a chance at life to experience all that life has instore for me. I am blessed with 3 beautiful girls and a wonderful husband who loves me no matter my faults. I wouldnt be able to "afford" this if it werent for the REAL REASON why we celebrate Christamas.

HE gave us this job so that we can AFFORD this.. HE gave us this life so that we can AFFORD happiness... HE is the real reason.. HE is the real deal.. HE is amazing, HE is forgiving, HE is our provider, HE is here, HE is the best thing that has ever happend to us. HE is CHRISTmas!

Thank you for always providing, loving us, forgiving us, helping us, listening.... without you we would be nothing. Without you we would have nothing... Without you we would have no Christmas and would not be able to spend this wonderful holiday with our loved ones. Without you there would be no us!

No comments:

Post a Comment